I am a PhD student at Ulm University, focussing on novel, low-effort interfaces for personal fabrication. I joined the research group Human Computer Interaction in 2016 as a teaching and research assistant. Prior to that, I studied Media Informatics at Ulm University, beginning in late 2012, receiving my bachelor’s degree in 2015 and my master’s degree in 2018. On the side, I am doing freelance web development, analog photography and build electronic hardware (e.g., keyboards). The academic works presented here have been published at international HCI venues such as CHI, UIST, TEI or DIS.
Research and Projects
- ShapeFindAR: Exploring In-Situ Spatial Search for Physical Artifact Retrieval using Mixed Reality In Proceedings of the 2022 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’22) 1 min read - Mar 10, 2022
- Ephemeral Fabrication: Exploring a Ubiquitous Fabrication Scenario of Low-Effort, In-Situ Creation of Short-Lived Physical Artifacts Sixteenth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction (TEI 2022) 1 min read - Dec 13, 2021
- The Road to Ubiquitous Personal Fabrication: Modeling-Free Instead of Increasingly Simple IEEE Pervasive Computing 1 min read - Jan 5, 2021
- Mix&Match: Towards Omitting Modelling Through In-Situ Alteration and Remixing of Model Repository Artifacts in Mixed Reality In Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’20) 1 min read - Apr 22, 2020
- Interactive Auditory Mediated Reality: Towards User-defined Personal Soundscapes Proceedings of the 2020 ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS '20) 1 min read - Mar 21, 2020
- ShARe: Enabling Co-Located Asymmetric Multi-User Interaction for Augmented Reality Head-Mounted Displays In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST '20) 1 min read - Oct 1, 2019
- Movelet: A Self-actuated Movable Bracelet for Positional Haptic Feedback on the User's Forearm In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC '18) 2 min read - Oct 5, 2018
- Can’t You Hear Me? Investigating Personal Soundscape Curation In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM 2018) 1 min read - Sep 26, 2018
- FaceDisplay: Towards Asymmetric Multi-User Interaction for Nomadic Virtual Reality In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’18) 1 min read - Apr 23, 2018
- ShareVR: Enabling Co-Located Experiences for Virtual Reality between HMD and Non-HMD Users In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’17) 1 min read - May 1, 2017
Together with my colleagues, I am responsible for several lectures at Ulm University. The lectures and practicals I co-supervise regularly cover a wide range across hardware prototyping/making and fundamentals of interactive systems (HCI).
An overview of my teaching activites can currently be found on my intitutional page. Detailed descriptions will follow.